Sunday, October 2, 2016

3 Branches of National Government Infographic

I just got an assignment to create an infographic that would help students to learn content. The standard and clarifying objective I chose was:

3.C&G.1 Understand the development, structure and function of local government.
3.C&G.1.3 Understand the three branches of government, with an emphasis on local government.

        You may be thinking, "well that standard doesn't specifically talk about the national government?" And you are right, it doesn't!The standard discusses the students being able to understand the three branches of government with an emphasis on the local government.

         As you can see, my infographic is on the three branches of the national government. The infographic discusses the 3 branches, their purpose, and who is a part of that branch. I would use the infographic to help the students understand the three branches of the national government and why they are important. I would use the infographic to help the students make connections between the structure of the national, state and local government.
         I, as the teacher, would go over the infographic in detail with students. I would ask the students related questions to further their understanding. I would then post it in the classroom for them to reference when we begin discussing the state and local government. The students would ask and answer questions related to the infographic. The students would use the infographic as a tool to reference to when we begin discussing the local government. I would use this infographic when introducing a unit on the three branches of government.  My unit of lessons would start broad with the national government and then narrow in on the local government.


No comments:

Post a Comment